On January 20, 2021, President Biden signed Government Order (EO) 13985, Advancing Racial Fairness and Assist for Underserved Communities By means of the Federal Authorities. The EO requires all Federal companies “to pursue a complete method to advancing fairness for all together with folks of colour and different individuals who have been traditionally underserved, marginalized, and adversely affected by persistent poverty and inequality.”
Our packages contact the lives of almost each American together with individuals who face boundaries – offering revenue safety for the varied populations we serve. This contains:
- Individuals with disabilities.
- People who find themselves widowed.
- Their households.
We’re dedicated to persevering with to manage our packages in a means that promotes fairness and treating all people who work together with us with equity. We acknowledge that entry to our administrative system can pose boundaries to individuals who want our packages probably the most. To scale back these boundaries and guarantee everybody has entry to our companies, our Fairness Motion Plan contains:
- Growing assortment of race and ethnicity information to assist perceive whether or not our packages are equitably serving our candidates and beneficiaries.
- Revising our insurance policies and practices to broaden choices for service supply.
- Making certain equitable entry for unrepresented claimants within the incapacity utility course of.
- Reducing burdens for individuals who determine as gender numerous or transgender within the Social Safety Quantity card utility course of.
- Growing entry to our analysis grant packages for Traditionally Black Schools and Universities and Minority Serving Establishments, and to procurement alternatives for small and deprived companies.
Please go to Social Safety Open Authorities Plans and Progress to study extra about every of the actions outlined in our Fairness Motion Plan. We look ahead to advancing fairness, civil rights, racial justice, and equal alternative for all. Please share this info along with your family and friends – and submit it on social media.