Sluggish Cooker Fish Tacos with Candy Potatoes
Completely cooked fish – each time – from the sluggish cooker. Spicy, savory flavors from crimson onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and candy potatoes for the best fish tacos ever.
I’ll be sincere. I used to be dangerous at cooking fish.
It was often overcooked, as a result of I used to be by no means fairly positive when it was achieved.
…till I began cooking it within the sluggish cooker. It’s superb:
- No dry, overcooked fish
- No bland, flavorless fish.
- Fish is finished in solely 15-20 minutes, not hours and hours, like normal sluggish cooker recipes.
On the low, regular warmth in a sluggish cooker, there’s a a lot greater window to catch fish on the excellent doneness – earlier than it goes from undercooked to overcooked.
On this recipe, the 15 minute cooking time is loads of time for fish to soak up the spicy, savory flavors of the chilies, tomatoes, onions and candy potatoes.
And right here’s one big bonus which my mother will love: cooking fish within the sluggish cooker doesn’t make your kitchen scent fishy. My mother by no means cooks fish for this one cause. *This hack is for you Mother!*
I found this fish-cooking Wholesome Kitchen Hack a couple of years in the past after I made this recipe for Thai Sluggish Cooker Tilapia.
Listed here are the essential steps to cooking fish within the sluggish cooker:
- Place greens, spices, liquids and/or complete grains (rice, quinoa) in sluggish cooker and cook dinner 6-8 hours on LOW or 4-6 hours on HIGH.
- About 15-20 minutes earlier than serving, nestle fish in greens and liquids. White fish and thinner fillets take about quarter-hour, oil-rich fish like salmon and/or thicker fillets take about 20 minutes.
- Serve tremendous flavorful fish with a complete meal in a single pot!
- 1 massive candy potato (about 12 ounces)
- 1 massive bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium crimson onion, sliced in rings
- 1 can (12 ounce) can tomatoes with inexperienced chilies
- 1 cup lower-sodium vegetable or rooster broth
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin (non-obligatory)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cod fillets (or every other fish!)
- For serving: Corn tortillas, shredded coleslaw combine, contemporary cilantro, plain Greek yogurt
Chop candy potato into ¾-inch cubes (don’t peel candy potato.)
Spray 5-6 quart slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place candy potato, peppers, onions in sluggish cooker. Pour tomatoes and broth over greens. Sprinkle with cumin and salt; combine to mix. Cook dinner 4-6 hours on HIGH, or 6-8 hours on LOW.
About 15-20 minutes earlier than serving, take away the lid of sluggish cooker and nestle fish in greens and liquids. White fish and thinner fillets take about 15, oil-rich fish like salmon and/or thicker fillets take about 20 minutes.
Serve with corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, contemporary cilantro, plain Greek yogurt
Have you ever ever cooked fish within the sluggish cooker? What’s your favourite option to cook dinner fish?