Recipes for fast weeknight meals are so important when following the Paleo weight loss plan. Understanding what you’ll be able to rapidly whip up if you get house late from work ravenous, or when the children’ soccer video games go into time beyond regulation, could make the distinction between staying on track or derailing by way of the closes drive-thru window. Particularly when you realize that fast meal goes to be ridiculously scrumptious!
That is certainly one of my favourite fast meals: a few baggage of broccoli slaw and a few pre-cooked salad shrimp get magically remodeled into this Paleo-adaptation of a take-out favourite, all in underneath 20 minutes. You possibly can even use frozen shrimp, with a mere additional minute or two of cooking time. Created for The Finest Paleo Recipes of 2014, I’m lastly sharing this recipe with you!
To make this Autoimmune Protocol-friendly, merely omit the chopped cashews on the finish.
Servings or Yield: 2 to three
Prep time: 10 minutes
Prepare dinner time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or different cooking fats
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 6 Tbsp recent lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 12-oz baggage broccoli slaw (8 to 10 cups)
- 2-3 giant carrots, julienned or thickly grated
- 12-16 oz salad shrimp, precooked and tails off
- 1/2 cup recent cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 inexperienced onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted unsalted cashews (omit for AIP)
- Warmth a big frying pan or wok over medium-high warmth. Add coconut oil, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, broccoli slaw and julienned carrot. Prepare dinner stirring often till broccoli slaw and carrot are cooked al dente, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and prepare dinner 2-3 minutes simply till shrimp are warmed. Add cilantro and inexperienced onions, prepare dinner 30 extra seconds.
- Garnish with chopped cashews.