Tremendous-easy and excellent for a busy weeknight, this Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil is a fast oven-baked model of the Southern basic! Jumbo shrimp, andouille sausage, potatoes, and corn are coated with a buttery garlic spice combination and baked to a juicy perfection.
A Hearty Seafood Dinner, Baked As an alternative of Boiled!
Are you a seafood lover? I’m! In case you are, there’s little doubt you probably adore shrimp boil; a Southern specialty made with contemporary corn, new potatoes, sausage, and shrimp, all boiled in the identical pot with a beneficiant shake of seafood seasoning.
In a standard seafood boil, the components are dropped in one by one to boil simply lengthy sufficient to be completely cooked, after which the entire pot is drained and dumped out on a newspaper-lined desk. Everybody eats the steaming seafood boil with their fingers – no want for plates or cutlery, thus nearly no cleanup!. 🙌 This superb social gathering meals just isn’t solely well-known for its style, however as an unforgettable eating expertise!
This straightforward sheet pan dinner channels the flavors of a down-home shrimp boil, with out the necessity for an enormous steaming pot of water, or an enormous, newspaper-lined desk! Every thing is scaled to make this a hearty, however very doable, weeknight meal. And it comes collectively on one pan within the oven – it doesn’t get simpler than that!
What Are the Totally different Sorts of Seafood Boils?
There are all types of names for this dish, and dishes very comparable, throughout the South. You would describe this as a Low Nation Boil, or Frogmore Stew, each names hailing from areas of South Carolina. There are additionally particular seafood boils utilizing crab (crab boil, after all), crawfish (crawfish boil, additionally referred to as Louisiana crawfish boil), and extra!
All of those recipes overlap closely when it comes to components and taste. Some add components like onions or hard-boiled eggs, whereas others miss components such because the sausage. However, almost all of them depend on the identical most important components: seafood, potatoes, and corn.
So simply what components go into this straightforward weeknight dinner? Let’s take a look at the checklist, as a result of you’re going to love how healthful and easy that is! All you want are a couple of tasty gadgets and a bit little bit of time.
- New Potatoes: Wash the potatoes effectively, and lower them in half.
- Corn: Reduce every ear into 6 spherical sections.
- Sausage: You need to use no matter smoked sausage hyperlinks you want. To maintain the Southern theme of this dinner, I went with spicy andouille sausage. Reduce the hyperlinks into ½-inch slices.
- Shrimp: To get the cooking occasions proper, it’s essential use jumbo shrimp. Smaller shrimp can be utilized, however they should be seasoned individually from the sausage and go in on the very finish of the cooking time, to keep away from overcooking them. The shrimp should be cleaned, however you’ll be able to go away the tails on.
- Butter: Melted.
- Garlic: Minced.
- Seasonings: A tablespoon of Outdated Bay seasoning and a bit little bit of Cajun seasoning make this one unimaginable meal!
- Parsley: Chopped contemporary parsley makes a refreshing and engaging elective garnish.
- Lemon Wedges: For serving.
Make Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil
Okay, so let’s get right down to enterprise. Simply how do you make a shrimp boil within the oven? Clearly, it’s form of a play on phrases – we aren’t really boiling something, simply re-creating that shrimp boil style. Right here’s the way it’s completed (really easy!).
- Prep the Oven and Separate the Elements. As all the time, begin by preheating your oven. Set it to 425˚F, after which get began with the components. In a big mixing bowl, mix the potatoes and the rounds of corn. In one other huge mixing bowl, mix the sausage items and the shrimp.
- Season and Bake the Potatoes and Corn. Soften your butter, after which stir within the garlic, Outdated Bay seasoning, and Cajun seasoning. Stir effectively. Add half of this to the potatoes and corn, toss to coat, after which dump the potatoes and corn onto a big rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 18 minutes, stirring midway by means of cooking.
- Season and Bake the Shrimp and Sausage. Within the meantime, pour the opposite half of the butter combination into the bowl of sausage and shrimp, and toss to coat. When 20 minutes is up, pull the baking sheet out of the oven, and prepare the sausage and shrimp across the potatoes and corn. Bake for 8 extra minutes, or till shrimp are opaque and the corn is tender.
- Get pleasure from! Take your sheet pan shrimp boil out of the oven, garnish it with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
Can I Prepare dinner Frozen Shrimp With out Thawing?
Positive! Frozen shrimp can go straight into the oven. On this recipe, the shrimp can be sitting out whereas the potatoes and corn pre-cook, so they could thaw out by the point they go within the oven anyway. In any case, all the time hold an in depth eye in your shrimp and you should definitely take them out of the oven as quickly as they’re completed, with a purpose to keep away from overcooking.
Ideas for Success
Making this dinner is very easy, you’ll need to serve it each week! In the summertime, I kinda do! And, it will get even simpler as soon as you already know these useful ideas and methods. Learn on, and revel in!
- Don’t Overcook the Shrimp: In all probability an important factor to know! Overcooked potatoes can be a bit too smooth, overcooked corn received’t be as succulent… however these are minor points. Overcooked shrimp, however, is rubbery and unappealing! So make sure that to solely bake for the right amount of time.
- Prepare dinner the Potatoes Individually: Potatoes can take longer than anticipated to change into tender, so if you happen to’re fearful about them not cooking by means of in time, be happy to bake them individually and blend them in on the finish.
- Combine-Ins: You possibly can positively load up your sheet pan with additional veggies and goodies, if you happen to like! From contemporary inexperienced beans or zucchini to a bit crushed crimson pepper for warmth, make this one your personal.
What Goes with Shrimp Boil?
Sheet pan shrimp boil makes a hearty meal, so you actually could not want any sides! Nonetheless, there are positively all types of nice aspect dishes to select from if want be. Listed here are only a few!
- Salad: You possibly can’t go flawed with a giant, crisp inexperienced salad, or perhaps some refreshingly creamy coleslaw! Traditional Southern Coleslaw is an ideal alternative.
- Bread: Plain bread and butter can be fantastic, or you possibly can whip up some straightforward Garlic and Cheddar Drop Biscuits. Mmm. 😋
- Cornbread: One other favourite throughout the South, easy cornbread goes completely with shrimp boil. Do this Gentle Skillet Cornbread – it’s heavenly!
Storing and Reheating Leftover Shrimp Boil
- To retailer leftover sheet pan shrimp boil, cook dinner it down and place in an hermetic container within the fridge. It would hold for as much as 2 days.
- To reheat I like to recommend utilizing the microwave. Warmth your leftovers on a microwave-safe plate for 15-second intervals, till heated by means of.
SHEET PAN SHRIMP BOIL
Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil is a fast oven-baked model of the Southern basic! Jumbo shrimp, andouille sausage, potatoes, and corn are coated with a buttery spice combination and baked to perfection.
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
In a mixing bowl mix the halved potatoes and the corn rounds.
In a separate mixing bowl mix the sausage and shrimp.
Soften the butter, then stir within the minced garlic, previous bay seasoning, and cajun seasoning.
Add about half of the melted butter combination to the potatoes and corn; toss to coat.
Switch the potatoes and corn to a big rimmed baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes, stirring midway by means of cooking.
Within the meantime, add the remaining butter combination to the sausages and shrimp; toss to coat.
When the 18 minutes is up, pull out the baking sheet from the oven and prepare the sausages and shrimp across the potatoes and corn.
Proceed to bake for 8 to 10 extra minutes, or till shrimp are opaque and corn is tender.
Take away from oven.
Garnish with parsley.
Serve with lemon wedges.
SHEET PAN SHRIMP BOIL
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 216
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 10g50%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 3g
Monounsaturated Fats 9g
Ldl cholesterol 164mg55%
Vitamin A 577IU12%
Vitamin C 16mg19%
* % Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
Dietary information is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values could fluctuate in line with the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.
Key phrases: seafood boil, shrimp boil in oven, shrimp recipes
Need To Save This Recipe?
Extra Straightforward Seafood Recipes