This scrumptious Salmon Tikka Masala, an Indian-inspired dish is simmered in a creamy tomato sauce with coconut milk and spices, excellent served with naan, roti, or over rice.
Salmon Tikka Masala
This scrumptious dish may also be made with rooster, fish or tofu because the sauce is flavorful and is the star of the dish. I’ve made the same dish, Immediate Pot Hen Tikka Masala with Cauliflower and Peas within the strain cooker however I cherished this salmon model made in a skillet, the sauce comes out a lot thicker on the range. Salmon is my favourite fish and I attempt to incorporate it in my food plan a number of days every week. Right here’s extra of my favourite Indian recipes embrace Salmon Coconut Curry, Immediate Pot Indian Hen Pulao, and Indian Shrimp Curry.
You’re in all probability extra accustomed to rooster tikka masala, certainly one of America’s hottest Indian dishes, which originated in England. Effectively, I attempted it with salmon, and it was fantastic! I used a contact of canned coconut milk rather than heavy cream to make the sauce creamy and dairy free.
What does salmon tikka masala include?
Though the ingredient record could look lengthy, it’s largely spices, which I at all times have available for when I’m craving Indian meals.
- Salmon: skinless salmon filets, minimize into 4 items. You should utilize frozen wild-caught fish when you don’t have contemporary.
- Spices: Contemporary grated ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, cumin, cayenne, cardamom, salt
- Aromatics: Garlic and onion sauté in butter or ghee with the spices.
- Sauce: Canned petite diced tomatoes (You may also use common measurement diced tomatoes) and full-fat canned coconut milk
- Herbs: Garnish with contemporary cilantro.
The best way to Make Salmon Tikka Masala
Salmon tikka masala is less complicated to make than you may suppose. A lot of the cooking time is hands-off whereas the sauce and salmon simmer.
- Salmon: Season the salmon with salt and turmeric.
- Sauté: Soften the ghee or coconut oil in a skillet, add onion, garlic, ginger, and all of the tikka masala spices. Cook dinner for about 5 minutes till aromatic.
- Mix: Switch the combination to a blender with the tomatoes and mix till easy. Return to the skillet and season with salt.
- Simmer: Simmer the tomato combination on low for 15 to twenty minutes. Stir within the coconut milk and add the salmon, turning evenly to coat. Simmer to a delicate boil and cook dinner for a couple of minutes till the salmon is absolutely cooked.
Extra Salmon Recipes You’ll Love:
Salmon Tikka Masala
Salmon Tikka Masala is a scrumptious Indian-inspired dish in a creamy tomato based mostly sauce made with coconut milk and spices, excellent served with naan, roti, or over rice.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, minimize into 4 items
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee , or coconut oil to make it DF, W30
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon floor coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon floor cardamom
- 1 cup canned petite diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons full fats canned coconut milk*, shake properly
- 1/4 cup contemporary cilantro leaves, for serving
Season salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric.
Soften butter a medium skillet over medium warmth, add onion, garlic, ginger and 6 spices (from turmeric to cardamom) and saute till the greens are smooth and the spices are aromatic, about 5 minutes.
Switch to a blender together with tomatoes and mix till easy, pour again into the skillet and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, simmer lined on low warmth 15 to twenty minutes, till the flavors meld.
Stir in coconut milk and add the salmon, turning to evenly coat.
Simmer to a delicate boil and cook dinner 2 to three minutes, till the salmon is cooked via.
Serve garnished with cilantro.
*examine labels for whole30compliant
Serving: 1piece salmon, 1/2 cup sauce, Energy: 283kcal, Carbohydrates: 8.5g, Protein: 30g, Fats: 14g, Saturated Fats: 5g, Ldl cholesterol: 82mg, Sodium: 500.5mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 3.5g
Key phrases: Indian Salmon, Salmon tikka masala, tikka masala