Immediately wasn’t fairly as busy as yesterday as a result of I did not have a lot that might be executed with my bed room. Brian (my older brother) is busy engaged on his personal project–building a shed–so he can not help me till he is executed with that. He gave me express directions to not get overzealous and begin tearing stuff aside.
You don’t have any thought how exhausting that’s for me. Particularly as somebody with bipolar dysfunction who’s going by means of a hypomanic section!
This morning, I cried for a bit of bit. It is form of unhappy mendacity on my mattress which is on the subfloor of my bed room, which has an enormous gap within the wall and flooring simply ready for critters to come back in and provides me rabies whereas I am sleeping. (I blocked it off as greatest as I might for the cats, but when one thing needed to get in right here, it is positively attainable.
Anyway, with tomorrow being a brand new month (and the final full month of summer season) I believed I would record a number of objectives to work on. Not a “problem”, essentially, however one thing to maintain my centered throughout a time the place it’s totally exhausting to focus (hypomania).
So, right here goes:
1) That is no shock, however I NEED to drink extra water. I am bored with waking up with a mouth so dry I can barely speak. A number of years in the past, I might drink an entire liter of water earlier than I even bought away from bed. I saved it on my bedside desk and gulped it down. Then I would drink three extra liters all through the day. And I at all times felt nice! So I will goal to do this again–starting with ingesting a liter as quickly as I get up.
2) Begin operating once more. That is getting actually ridiculous–I have never been operating in months! The break solely began due to my knee harm, however that hasn’t been giving me any issues anymore. In actual fact, since changing into vegan, my physique truly feels fairly rattling good.
3) Spend extra time exterior. Yearly, I inform myself that I will take full benefit of summer season by sitting exterior on the deck. Jerry and I used to do this on a regular basis. We might every have a glass of wine or a beer within the evenings and benefit from the heat climate. Regardless that I do not drink anymore, I can nonetheless have my Heineken 0.0 or simply some tea or one thing. The entire level is to spend time exterior.
4) Work on maintaining the landscaping. We’ve not planted something but and we aren’t going to till subsequent 12 months (I need to preserve the entire mattress of mulch weed-free and prepped for planting). Each time I stroll by, if I see a weed beginning to develop, I pull it out. I am beginning to see an increasing number of of them, so I need to make it some extent at the very least each few days to tug out all of the weeds I can see.
5) I am simply going to finish with this one as a result of this objective going to take up 99% of my time–finish this mess of my bed room! I’ve to tear every little thing out of the grasp bathroom–including slicing up the bathe to get it out (it is one piece and too large to take away)–and take away the flooring. As soon as every little thing is eliminated, I’ve to chop out the water broken items of subfloor and change it. As soon as all that’s executed, I’ve to stage the flooring with a liquid leveler. Then put plywood on high of that. Then set up the posh vinyl planking.
That is only the start! That is simply getting it again to “livable”. Aside from all of that, we’ve to put in a brand new bathe (this time within the reverse nook). I will have to put in all new drywall (kill me now–I hate drywalling!!), sand the heck out of it, then prime and paint. I have never selected a coloration scheme, however since we’ve to transform all these things, we would as properly change issues up a bit of. In order that half shall be enjoyable!
Anyway, nothing tremendous new for August objectives, however hopefully writing them down will truly assist me do them. Aside from fixing the bed room, I actually need to deal with getting again to operating. I feel I am going to return to the great previous 3-3-3 plan (run three miles, three days per week, for 3 months)–without specializing in something aside from these three numbers. No fear of tempo, coronary heart price, and many others. I will in all probability do numerous the runs on the treadmill, and that is tremendous with me. It has been within the 90s right here these days and that’s simply too scorching to run exterior (for me anyway)!
Properly, Jerry simply bought again with Joey after Joey’s very lengthy trip. So I will go spend a while with them 🙂