These gluten-free Roasted Strawberry Almond Flour Muffins are scrumptious and light-weight, made with Greek yogurt, oat flour, and almond flour.
Roasted Strawberry Almond Flour Muffins
These wholesome almond flour muffins are scrumptious for breakfast or a snack. Roasting the strawberries is an actual recreation changer. It makes them sweeter and dries them out so the muffins don’t get too moist. For extra of my favourite strawberry recipes, strive my Roasted Strawberry Banana Bread, Strawberry Scones, and Strawberry Crisp.
How do you retain muffins moist and never dry?
I solely use a little bit butter in these strawberry almond flour muffins, however the Greek yogurt prevents them from being dry. And regardless that I dry out the berries by roasting them, they nonetheless add some moisture. Additionally, you need to ensure you don’t over-mix the batter. Stir it simply sufficient to include the flour into the moist
Strawberry Almond Flour Muffins Components
- Strawberries: Slice contemporary strawberries.
- Sugar: Toss a few of the sugar with the berries, and the remainder goes within the muffin batter.
- Flour: Almond and oat flours enhance the protein and fiber whereas conserving the muffins gluten-free.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder make the strawberry muffins rise and provides them a fluffy texture.
- Butter: Make certain your butter is at room temperature so it mixes simply with the sugar.
- Eggs: Use three egg whites or two giant eggs.
- Vanilla Extract for taste
- Greek Yogurt: You’ll want one cup of fat-free Greek yogurt.
Learn how to Make Almond Flour Muffins
- Roast the Strawberries: Sprinkle two tablespoons of sugar over the strawberries. Place the berries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 25 minutes at 375°F till the strawberries launch their liquid and caramelize.
- Dry Components: Whisk the oat and almond flours, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Moist Components: In a big bowl, cream the butter and sugar for about two minutes with a hand mixer. Beat the egg whites and vanilla in a small bowl and pour into the butter/sugar combination. Stir within the yogurt.
- Combine the flour combination with the moist substances till mixed. Fold within the strawberries with a spatula and spoon right into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake the almond flour muffins at 375°F for 18 to twenty minutes till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear.
Must you refrigerate almond flour muffins?
You’ll be able to retailer these strawberry almond flour muffins at room temperature for as much as three days. Allow them to cool earlier than putting them in an hermetic container. You’ll be able to refrigerate them or freeze them for as much as three months. To reheat, microwave them straight from frozen till heated by, or thaw them
within the fridge earlier than microwaving.
- Blueberry Muffins: Swap strawberries for blueberries or one other sort of berry.
- Frozen Berries: You should utilize frozen strawberries if contemporary aren’t in season.
- Spices: Add a little bit cinnamon.
- Strawberry Bread: Pour the batter right into a loaf pan and bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes till a toothpick comes out clear.
Extra Muffin Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 12 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 muffin
Roast the strawberries:
Toss strawberries with 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
Place on parchment paper-lined sheet pan in a single layer and roast 25 minutes, till the strawberries launch their liquid and caramelize.
Put together the muffins:
In the meantime, line a muffin tin with 12 muffin nonstick liners and spray with oil.
Combine almond flour, oat flour, baking powder and baking soda with a whisk in a medium bowl.
In a big bowl with a hand mixer, combine and cream the butter and sugar on medium setting for about 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and vanilla with a whisk, add to bowl with butter/sugar combination.
Combine within the yogurt, then flour combination and blend on low velocity till mixed, 1 minute.
With a spatula, fold within the strawberries and spoon to lined muffin tins about 3/4 crammed (I used an ice cream scoop).
Bake at 375F or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear, about 18 to twenty minutes.
Let cool earlier than consuming.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 muffin, Energy: 164 kcal, Carbohydrates: 15.5 g, Protein: 6 g, Fats: 8.5 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 7 mg, Sodium: 155.5 mg, Fiber: 2.5 g, Sugar: 10.5 g