These Pineapple Upside-Down Baked Oatmeal Singles are excellent for if you’re craving a lightened up candy breakfast. If you happen to’ve been following me for a whilst you know I really like making baked oatmeal, particularly in a muffin tin. It’s simply really easy to bake as soon as and eat all week as a superbly portioned grab-and-go breakfast! I’ve a variety of flavors of those on my web site, so I haven’t made a brand new one shortly, however I not too long ago acquired a reader request for a pineapple model and it gave the impression of a terrific concept to me. Glorious concept, Lisa!
Not solely are these Pineapple Upside-Down Baked Oatmeal Singles tremendous simple to make, however they’re a terrific candy deal with for breakfast, brunch, a snack, and even dessert. They give the impression of being worthy of a special day breakfast or brunch, however they’re additionally completely easy to toss collectively anytime. For the reason that contemporary pineapple and maraschino cherries are candy, I wish to serve these with one thing savory like eggs or turkey breakfast sausage. Then you definitely get the very best of each worlds! These tasty Pineapple Upside-Down Baked Oatmeal Singles are simply 97 energy or between 2-4 WW Private Factors every, relying in your ZeroPoint meals. They’re 3 PP for me! To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or web site, click on right here!
- Applesauce: The applesauce is the right mild-flavored complement to those oatmeal singles, however if you happen to’re utilizing what you’ve got readily available or wish to change up the flavour, mashed banana or yogurt will work instead.
- Milk: I sometimes use skim milk in my baked oatmeal recipes as a result of it’s what I preserve readily available, however I’ve used unsweetened almond milk with nice success as effectively. If it’s essential make these with out dairy it shouldn’t be a difficulty!
- Various Sweeteners: I haven’t personally tried making these utilizing a zero-calorie sweetener rather than the brown sugar, however I really feel assured that it could work out simply positive. Simply make certain the sweetener you’re utilizing has a 1:1 substitution ratio with brown sugar in order that the sweetness stage isn’t off.
- Add-Ins: I believe unsweetened shredded coconut would give these a tasty tropical twist, or pecans can be nice for some crunch! Remember the fact that this may in fact have an effect on the vitamin data/WW factors listed if you happen to’re monitoring both.
I really like how simply these Pineapple Upside-Down Baked Oatmeal Singles come collectively, and so they’re nice to bake as soon as and eat all week! I’ve additionally frozen my baked oatmeal recipes very efficiently by simply wrapping each in plastic wrap as soon as they’re utterly cool and placing all of them collectively in a Ziploc freezer bag. You may both defrost them to room temp or warmth them up within the microwave earlier than consuming. I really like having a freezer filled with baked oatmeal choices at my disposal at breakfast time!
Need Extra Baked Oatmeal flavors?
In search of extra tasty sorts of lightened up baked oatmeal? Try my Chocolate Mocha, Oatmeal Raisin, Banana Chocolate Chip, Blueberry, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Coconut Banana, Orange Cranberry, Pear Gingerbread, Strawberry Banana, Raspberry Peach, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, and Apple Cinnamon varieties (and extra!) within the Oats part of my recipe index!
Pineapple Upside-Down Baked Oatmeal Singles
These Pineapple Upside-Down Baked Oatmeal Singles are an ideal lightened up candy breakfast or snack!
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, (I used contemporary pineapple, however you need to use canned if that’s what you’ve got)
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 6 Maraschino cherries, lower in half
- 2 cups quaint oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 massive egg
- 1 egg white
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 350 levels. Flippantly mist a 12-count standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray and put aside.
Place the pineapple chunks in a bowl and add one tablespoon of the brown sugar. Stir to coat the pineapple. Place half of a maraschino cherry within the heart of every effectively of the muffin tin and encompass it with the coated pineapple chunks. If there may be liquid remaining within the bowl from the pineapples releasing juice/mixing with the sugar, reserve it and add it with the moist elements in step 4.
In a big mixing bowl, add the oats, the remaining ¼ cup of brown sugar, the baking powder, and the salt and stir collectively to mix.
In a separate mixing bowl, add the egg, egg white, milk, applesauce, and vanilla extract and whisk collectively till mixed. Add the moist elements to the dry elements and stir collectively till mixed.
Spoon the batter evenly amongst the wells within the ready muffin tin over high of the cherries and pineapple chunks. Bake for 20-24 minutes till the oatmeal is calmly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear. Enable them to chill within the tin for at the least 10 minutes earlier than eradicating and flipping every oatmeal single the other way up (so the pineapples are on high) for serving.
Vitamin Data per (1 oatmeal single) serving:
97 energy, 19 g carbs, 9 g sugars, 1 g fats, 0 g saturated fats, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber, 83 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
2 per (1 oatmeal single) serving (P+ calculated utilizing the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)