This vibrant, contemporary veggie stir-fry is crammed with taste and aroma, compliments of the sunny tastes of contemporary orange. With crisp snow peas, bell peppers, and onions, marinated cubes of tempeh, and crunchy peanuts, it’s a meal in a single served over brown rice. You may get this meal for Orange-Peanut Tempeh with Brown Rice on the desk in beneath an hour. Create the marinade in your tempeh, get your rice cooking, then begin up your stir-fry. It can save you time by making the rice and the marinade the day earlier than, then simply stir-fry the meal in 11 minutes.
This vibrant, contemporary veggie stir-fry is crammed with taste and aroma, compliments of the sunny tastes of contemporary orange, crisp snow peas, bell peppers, and onions, marinated cubes of tempeh, and crunchy peanuts.
- 2 oranges, juice and zest
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced contemporary ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pink curry paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 8-ounce bundle tempeh, cubed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 small bell pepper (pink, inexperienced, yellow, or orange), sliced
- 8 ounces contemporary snow peas
- 1/3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (medium or lengthy), in response to bundle instructions
- To make the Orange Marinade: Whisk collectively the orange juice and zest, water, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, curry paste, and cornstarch in a small dish till easy.
- Place the tempeh within the marinade, cowl, and chill for about half-hour.
- Warmth the peanut oil in a wok or skillet. Add the carrots and onions and sauté, stirring often, for two minutes.
- Add the water and sauté for five minutes.
- Add the pepper, snow peas, peanuts, and tempeh within the orange marinade to the pan and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes, till greens are crisp-tender and combination is thick and bubbly.
- Take away from the warmth and serve with cooked brown rice. Makes 4 servings (about 2 cups stir-fry with ½ cup rice per serving per serving). Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 11 minutes
- Class: Dinner
- Delicacies: Asian, American
- Serving Measurement: 2 cups stir-fry and 1/2 cup rice
- Energy: 406
- Sodium: 555 mg
- Fats: 18 g
- Saturated Fats: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 19 g
Key phrases: vegan stir-fry, wholesome stir-fry
For extra plant-based stir-fry recipes, try:
This submit might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data click on right here.