These Inexperienced Curry Hen Meatballs are the final word flavorful meal-prep recipe. They’re high-protein, low-carb, and full of wonderful Thai-inspired curry taste!
Inexperienced Curry Hen Meatballs
Love meatballs? Us too. These inexperienced curry hen meatballs have a lot taste, are simmered in a scrumptious inexperienced curry sauce (that is really easy to make btw), and are excellent for a simple weeknight meal.
issues we love about this recipe
Listed below are just a few causes we love this recipe a lot.
- No have to activate the oven!
- These hen meatballs are excessive in protein and veggies.
- They’re excellent for meal prep.
- The inexperienced curry simmer sauce is so flavorful.
- There are such a lot of methods to serve these meatballs.
- Floor hen: these meatballs are made with floor hen so they’re a bit leaner.
- Candy potatoes: shredded candy potatoes are the “secret” ingredient on this recipe. It provides moisture and a binding agent to the meatballs.
- Oats and flour: each oats and flour are a binder and a fill for the meatballs. You want them for this recipes.
- Spices: we do a scrumptious mixture of spices within the meatballs to taste the meat and praise the inexperienced curry sauce.
- Coconut milk: the curry we use for this recipe has a coconut base and that comes from the coconut milk. It’s creamy and pairs completely with the meatballs and spices.
- Thai curry paste: this can be a Thai-inspired dish. We use a Thai inexperienced curry paste that’s generally discovered within the grocery retailer.
- Veggies: we made this a well-rounded meal by simmering peppers and onions within the curry sauce together with the meatballs.
Have to make some recipe swaps? No downside. Beneath are some frequent recipe swaps for this recipe.
Floor hen —> floor turkey, floor pork, floor beef or a mixture
White entire wheat flour—> all-purpose flour
Thai inexperienced curry paste—> Thai pink curry paste
- Make hen meatballs. Add the bottom hen, oats, flour, grated candy potatoes, spices, and olive oil in a bowl and gently combine the elements collectively till mixed. Use a tablespoon scoop to scoop the hen meatballs into balls and roll them into meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs. Warmth a big cast-iron skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Add olive oil. When the oil is scorching brown the meatballs on all sides. You’ll want to solely brown the hen meatballs on the surface and ensure to not absolutely cook dinner them. They’ll proceed to cook dinner later. Take away the meatballs from the pan.
- Make the curry sauce. Add the coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, dragon sauce, salt, and pepper to a bowl and whisk the elements collectively.
- Sauté greens. Go away any brown bits within the backside of the pan and add the final of the olive oil. Sauté the greens for 2-3 minutes.
- Simmer elements collectively. Add the curry sauce to the greens and produce the sauce to a boil. Add the hen meatballs and simmer the hen meatballs within the sauce till they’re absolutely cooked.
- Serve. When the meatballs are absolutely cooked, serve the hen meatballs, veggies, and inexperienced curry sauce over rice.
Serve this with Hen Meatballs
You may eat these inexperienced curry hen meatballs all on their very own or serve it over rice, quinoa, or no matter your coronary heart needs. Beneath are our prime suggestions.
Hen Meatball FAQ
The gorgeous factor about meatballs is that you may actually make them your individual. We added moisture to those hen meatballs by including candy potatoes, (sure, candy potatoes). Baked hen can generally dry up and the moisture from the grated candy potatoes helped preserve the hen.
Add fats. Ensure that to decide on meat that has some fats! The fats melts and breaks down within the meatball which provides a ton of scrumptious taste and moisture.
Be light. If you roll meatballs, strive to not pack the meat so tight. Go away room within the meatball for the elements to increase and breath.
Eggs are used as a bind for meatballs. If you happen to don’t wish to use eggs, strive a flax egg, a chia seed egg, or like on this hen meatball recipe, the shredded candy potato acted as a bind for the meatball!
It depends upon what sort of meatballs you make. These inexperienced curry candy potato hen meatballs are scrumptious by themselves or served over rice, quinoa, or rice noodles.
To retailer this meal, let the hen and curry sauce cool fully earlier than inserting it in an air-tight container. Retailer it within the fridge for as much as 5 days. You’ll want to retailer this meal individually from any grain (rice, quinoa, and many others.).
For the Meatballs
- 1 pound floor hen
- 1/4 cup quaint rolled oats gluten free if desired
- 1/4 cup white entire wheat or gluten free oat flour
- 1 small candy potato grated (~1/2 cup, squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon floor ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon floor turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Curry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 small pink onion sliced
- 1 pink bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 tablespoons inexperienced curry paste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice ~1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon inexperienced dragon or scorching sauce
- Salt to style
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
In a big bowl, combine collectively all elements for the meatballs (apart from olive oil).
Warmth a big, oven secure skillet over medium warmth and add olive oil to the pan. Then, utilizing a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out combination and mildew right into a ball together with your palms. It really works greatest in case your palms are barely moist with water. Place in skillet. Repeat.
Brown meatballs for 4-5 minutes (you don’t need them to be absolutely cooked). Take away from warmth. Set meatballs apart.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, dragon sauce, and salt and pepper. Put aside.
Warmth olive oil in the identical skillet you used for the meatballs. Add pink onion, pink pepper and snow peas. Sauté greens for two minutes. Add coconut curry sauce to the pan. Carry to a boil.
Add browned meatballs to the skillet so they’re sitting within the curry combination. Place within the oven and bake at 375ºF for quarter-hour.
Energy: 364kcal Carbohydrates: 18g Protein: 17g Fats: 25g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g
Images: images taken on this publish are by Erin from The Picket Skillet.