These simple, tasty Honey Mustard Rooster Wraps are stuffed with taste and nice for lunch or dinner. The hen is tossed in a brilliant easy 5-ingredient home made brown sugar mustard seasoning and cooked to perfection on the stovetop. You then’ll simply stir collectively a fast and creamy 4-ingredient honey mustard sauce and unfold it in a wrap with the hen, lettuce and tomato. It’s that simple! This recipe makes 4 wraps so you’ll be able to put together the elements as soon as after which pack the wraps for lunch for a couple of days, or serve all of them collectively to buddies or household. Not solely are these Honey Mustard Rooster Wraps simple and scrumptious, every wrap is simply 263 energy or 4 WW Level on the present Weight Watchers program. To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or web site, click on right here!
- Tortilla/Wrap: I used La Banderita Carb Counter Complete Wheat Wraps for these, that are discovered by the Mexican elements in my native grocery retailer (Wegmans). They style nice right here! You may positively substitute your most popular low calorie/carb wraps or tortillas on this recipe for those who like. It could in fact change the diet info or WW Factors for those who’re monitoring both of these.
- Honey Mustard Sauce: I prefer to make a fast and creamy honey mustard sauce utilizing yellow mustard, honey, Greek yogurt, and light-weight mayonnaise. It seems tasty and has a terrific taste stability! When you have a special kind of mustard readily available (similar to Dijon or spicy mustard) you’ll be able to definitely strive utilizing that within the sauce as an alternative. Alternatively, in case you have a honey mustard dressing readily available and also you wish to use that as an alternative of constructing the sauce your self, you definitely can. It could change the diet data/WW Factors.
- Rooster Seasoning: I’m form of obsessive about the seasoning I used on this hen. I’ll most likely submit the hen recipe individually someday as hen bites as a result of I’m going to be making the these on a regular basis. My husband popped a bit of the hen in his mouth whereas I used to be making the wraps and was like “oh wow.” So, mainly what I’m getting at is that it is best to positively use this hen seasoning! Should you don’t have any dry mustard powder readily available, Colman’s may be discovered just about all over the place groceries are bought in a small yellow rectangular tin that may be discovered close to the opposite spices. I additionally love including somewhat little bit of it to cheese sauces for a taste punch!
- Leftovers: Should you received’t be serving these wraps all of sudden, I’d advocate cooking the hen and making the sauce after which storing all of the elements individually and constructing every wrap as wanted.
Chopping up the hen
I usually purchase a giant pack of boneless, skinless hen breasts on the retailer after which use kitchen shears to trim them right down to make 5-6 oz cutlets to make use of in recipes. All the things I lower off to make the cutlets will get lower into chunks to make hen bites! It’s simple to weigh out 1 lb or 1.5 lb of hen chunks and freeze them for later in a quart dimension freezer bag. That manner, I all the time have some readily available! Shopping for the majority packs of hen breasts is cost-effective, and chopping them into cutlets and bites ensured I’ve what I would like readily available once I go to make a recipe. I discover that kitchen shears make this activity go faster and simpler than utilizing a knife, so I extremely advocate utilizing shears.
Extra tasty hen recipes
Searching for extra tasty, lightened up, hen recipes? Try my Blackened Rooster Bites, Nashville Sizzling Rooster Bites, Lemon Pepper Rooster Bites, Chili Lime Rooster Bites, Greek Rooster Bites, Barbecue Rooster Bites, Apple and Brie Stuffed Rooster, Sluggish Cooker Rooster and Stuffing, Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Rooster, Ricotta Stuffed Rooster Bake, Lemon Garlic Rooster and Beans Skillet, Cream Cheese and Herb Stuffed Rooster, Tuscan Olive Rooster, Crispy Cheddar Rooster with Cream Sauce, Pimento Cheese Stuffed Rooster, Cream Cheese Stuffed All the things Rooster, and so many extra within the Rooster class of my recipe index!
Honey Mustard Rooster Wraps
These simple, tasty Honey Mustard Rooster Wraps are stuffed with taste and excellent for lunches!
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder, (I take advantage of Colman’s, discovered by the spices)
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 lb uncooked boneless, skinless hen breasts, lower into small bite-sized items
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard, (can be measured as 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mild mayonnaise
- 4 mild/low carb tortillas or wraps, (I used La Banderita Carb Counter Complete Wheat wraps)
- 4-8 leaves inexperienced leaf lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
In a small dish, stir collectively the dry mustard powder, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Place the lower up hen items right into a gallon zip-seal plastic bag or a mixing bowl. Add the spice combine to the hen items. Seal the bag and shake/therapeutic massage the contents OR stir the contents of the bowl till the hen items are coated with the spices.
Add the oil to a big saute pan/walled skillet and convey over med-high warmth. As soon as the oil is scorching, add the hen items (you don’t wish to overcrowd the pan) and stir to interrupt them up and coat them within the oil. Cook dinner the hen for 5-8 minutes, stirring each couple minutes (you don’t wish to stir tremendous steadily as a result of the hen wants time to brown on all sides). As soon as the hen is cooked by and browned on the skin, take away from warmth.
In a small bowl, stir collectively the mustard, honey, Greek yogurt, and mayonnaise till nicely mixed.
To construct every wrap, lay a tortilla on a clear dry floor and prime with 1-2 lettuce leaves after which 1-2 tomato slices, stacked in a line down the middle of the wrap. On prime of the tomatoes, drizzle 1 tablespoon of the honey mustard sauce from step three. Unfold 3.25 ounces of the hen (1/4 of the batch) on prime of the honey mustard, nonetheless holding your whole elements stacked in a row down the middle of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla edges in at both finish of the row after which roll the tortilla over the elements to wrap them inside. Repeat with remaining elements to kind 4 wraps. I like to chop every wrap into two halves earlier than serving.
To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or web site, click on right here!
Vitamin Data per wrap:
263 energy, 24 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 10 g fats, 1 g saturated fats, 31 g protein, 12 g fiber, 552 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
7 per wrap (PP calculated utilizing a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the diet data under)