Proof that going again to fundamentals doesn’t must style fundamental: Grilled Hen Thighs. Flippantly charred exterior and spectacularly juicy inside, it is a speedy, lip-smacking dinner you’ll pull out all summer season lengthy.
Traditionally, I’ve been a Grilled Hen Breast form of lady, however in the previous few years, I’ve seen the sunshine that’s hen thighs.
- Hen thighs are inherently juicier than hen breast, making them way more tough to dry out.
- Darkish meat has a richer taste than chicken. It’s one of many causes Ben will decide Air Fryer Hen Thighs over Air Fryer Hen Breast each single time.
- Hen thighs are wholesome! Whereas they do have extra fats than hen breast (why they’re juicier and extra flavorful), they’re nonetheless a wonderful, lean supply of protein that deserves to be in your weight-reduction plan.
- Further nutritional vitamins and minerals. Total, hen thighs include extra nutritional vitamins and minerals than hen breasts.
Within the cooler months, Baked Hen Thighs are one in all my most frequent options to “HELP! We want dinner!”
As quickly because the climate warms, nevertheless, I most sit up for grilled hen thighs.
They’re quick, easy-breezy, and their flame-kissed taste is one in all life’s culinary joys.
- It solely takes 8 to 10 minutes to grill boneless hen thighs on a fuel grill or charcoal grill (flip hen thighs as soon as midway via grilling).
- You should use any marinade you want. This Hen Thigh Marinade or my traditional Hen Marinade are two wonderful choices, however be happy to make use of your favourite (even store-bought salad teriyaki sauce or salad dressing).
Easy methods to Make Grilled Hen Thighs
Grilled hen thighs are simple, versatile, nutritious, and scrumptious.
We eat them a minimum of as soon as per week!
- Grilled hen thighs are delicious on their very own, and you too can use the leftovers in a wide range of new methods, from salads, to wraps, to quesadillas and extra.
- Be happy to scale this recipe for a crowd or make additional for meal prep.
For individuals who don’t have a grill, I’ve included a recipe adaptation for oven grilled hen thighs within the FAQs and recipe notes beneath.
- Hen Thighs. Boneless, skinless hen thighs are a wholesome, flavorful, and fast protein choice. Utilizing skinless thighs helps to maintain the hen thigh energy low.
- Marinade. Important for essentially the most tender, juicy, and flavorful grilled hen thighs. Whether or not you select to make use of one in all my scrumptious do-it-yourself marinades or one other you get pleasure from is as much as you.
- Oil. Oiling your grill grates helps be sure that the hen doesn’t stick.
- Mix the marinade substances and hen in a ziptop bag. Marinate hen for a minimum of half-hour or as much as 12 hours.
- Clear and oil your grill grates.
- Grill hen for 8 to 10 minutes at medium-high warmth.
- Flip hen thighs as soon as midway via grilling.
- Let relaxation for a minimum of 5 minutes. End with herbs and lemon or lime juice. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover hen in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm hen in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 12 hours prematurely, add the hen thighs to the marinade. Refrigerate till you’re able to grill.
What to Serve with Grilled Hen Thighs
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
Grilled hen thighs have the ability to make any evening (even loopy busy ones!) extra particular and delicious.
I do know you’re going to like them, and I hope they’re a steadfast reply to your personal What’s for dinner???? query too.
Continuously Requested Questions
You solely must flip them as soon as, but when the hen isn’t achieved but and also you wish to even out how cooked they’re on all sides, you possibly can be happy to flip them a few times extra.
I like to recommend marinating hen for a minimum of half-hour, however even quarter-hour will work. In the event you’re capable of refrigerate your hen and let it marinate longer, I feel 5 to six hours is the right period of time.
It would take about 10 to fifteen minutes to grill bone-in hen thighs on a fuel grill. Examine them with an on the spot learn thermometer earlier than serving to make sure they’re cooked via.
Sure, you may make oven grilled hen thighs utilizing an oven secure grill pan. Place the hen in a single layer in an oiled oven secure grill pan (don’t let the hen contact). Bake the hen for about 13 to fifteen minutes, flipping midway via. Broil for two to three minutes, till flippantly charred. Cowl and let relaxation 5 to 10 minutes earlier than serving.
In massive ziptop bag, mix all the marinade substances, then add the hen.
Seal the bag to evenly coat the hen with the marinade. Place in a pan or bowl to catch any drips. Let the hen marinate at room temperature for a minimum of half-hour, or refrigerate to marinate for as much as 12 hours (5 to six hours is right). Even quarter-hour is best than nothing!
When able to grill, preheat the grill to medium-high (375 to 400 levels F). In case your hen has been within the fridge, take away it and permit it to come back to room temperature for a minimum of 10 minutes. Clear and oil the grates.
Place the hen thighs on the grill presentation (easy) aspect down, shaking off any extra marinade. Cowl the grill and let prepare dinner 4 to five minutes on the primary aspect, then flip. The hen ought to raise off the grill comparatively simply; whether it is sticking, permit it to prepare dinner one other minute or two, then attempt once more.
Proceed cooking on the opposite aspect for 4 to six minutes extra, or till the hen is cooked via (hen is taken into account cooked at 165 levels F. I take away mine across the 155/160 diploma F mark and permit the carryover cooking to complete the remainder). DO NOT OVERCOOK or your hen will likely be dry.
Take away the hen to a plate, cowl, and let relaxation for a minimum of 5 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice as desired.
- TO MAKE OVEN GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS: Place the hen in a single layer in an oven-safe grill pan (don’t let the hen contact). Bake the hen for about 13 to fifteen minutes, flipping midway via. Broil for two to three minutes. Cowl and let relaxation 5 to 10 minutes earlier than serving.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftover thighs in an hermetic storage container for as much as 4 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm hen in a baking dish within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1(of 4)Energy: 341kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 45gFats: 13gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 215mgPotassium: 678mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 131IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 3mg
Be part of as we speak and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.