I’ve obtained brunch and shiny, contemporary citrus flavors on the thoughts and I’m not mad about it. After sharing all of my greatest lemon recipes with you final weekend I obtained much more excited to share this superb recipe that simply so occurs to be excellent for Mom’s Day brunch (and actually any day). I do know you’re all obsessive about this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal, so prepare for a brand new method to get pleasure from these scrumptious flavors.
These are one of the best, fluffiest lemon blueberry pancakes you’ll ever eat. I imply, simply take a look at that stack! Not solely is the feel *chef’s kiss* with these stunning golden edges, however these pancakes additionally pack 9g of protein per serving due to greek yogurt. I made these infants gluten free for you utilizing gluten free oat flour, which, as you recognize by now, you’ll be able to simply make proper at residence.
Don’t overlook these cute little poppy seeds for an additional spring-y vibe, and you’ll want to prime your stack with additional berries & maple syrup. As all the time I’ve included loads of methods to customise these pancakes to your liking, so add them to your brunch menu ASAP!
Every little thing you’ll must make lemon blueberry pancakes
These wholesome lemon blueberry pancakes are naturally sweetened, filled with protein, and bursting with contemporary lemon taste. What extra might you need? Right here’s all the things you’ll must make them:
- Flour: we’re utilizing oat flour to present these pancakes the proper texture. Maintain them gluten free by utilizing gluten free oat flour, and see under for how one can make your individual oat flour proper at residence!
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want baking powder (not soda!), salt, and poppy seeds for that lemon poppy seed taste.
- Yogurt: I like to make use of vanilla greek yogurt or siggi’s plant primarily based yogurt to maintain the pancakes dairy free, however any greek yogurt will do! Yogurt provides the proper quantity of moisture and a lift of protein.
- Egg: you’ll want 1 egg on this recipe to assist maintain the pancakes collectively.
- Lemon: we’re getting the entire lemon taste from contemporary lemon juice and zest.
- Milk: you’ll additionally want a little bit milk of selection for moisture. I like to make use of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Sweetener: we’re including only a tablespoon of coconut sugar to naturally sweeten the pancakes. You’ll even be including some vanilla extract and almond extract for superb taste — the almond extract makes the pancakes style like your fav lemon poppy seed bread or cake!
- Combine-ins: don’t overlook the contemporary blueberries, and avoid wasting to sprinkle on prime!
- Oil: to prepare dinner the pancakes you’ll additionally want olive oil, coconut oil, butter, or vegan butter.
Customise these wholesome lemon blueberry pancakes
There are just a few tweaks to those simple lemon blueberry pancakes you can make that can nonetheless maintain them scrumptious and fluffy! Right here’s what I can suggest:
- Maintain them dairy free: merely use your favourite dairy free yogurt and dairy free milk. You’ll additionally wish to prepare dinner the pancakes in oil or vegan butter.
- For the blueberries: be at liberty to make use of raspberries as a substitute, they’ll be scrumptious!
- For the coconut sugar: you may also use common, natural cane sugar as a substitute.
Can I exploit a special flour?
Sadly, I can’t suggest an alternative choice to the oat flour, however you’ll be able to simply make your individual flour proper at residence utilizing rolled oats! Get all of my suggestions & tips right here and add your oat flour proper into this lemon blueberry pancake recipe. Keep in mind to make use of gluten free rolled oats when you’d wish to maintain these pancakes gluten free.
Add a little bit additional pleasure
To make these lemon blueberry pancakes additional particular, improve the almond extract to 1/2 teaspoon. The flavour is superb, belief me! Particularly when you love almond taste.
Learn how to make excellent lemon blueberry pancakes
- Whisk the dry components. Begin by whisking collectively the oat flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt.
- Combine the moist components. In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the yogurt, egg, lemon juice & zest, milk, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Mix the batter. Add the dry components to the moist and blend till simply mixed. If the batter appears too thick, simply add one other tablespoon of milk. Fold within the blueberries.
- Prepare dinner your pancakes. Coat a griddle with butter or oil and place it over medium warmth. Drop 1/4 cup of batter for every pancake and prepare dinner for 2-4 minutes till the pancakes puff up and also you see bubbles on the perimeters, then flip & prepare dinner till golden brown. Keep in mind to get all of my greatest suggestions for cooking pancakes right here!
- Prime & serve. When you’ve cooked all your pancakes, prime with additional blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup and revel in!
Maintain your pancakes heat for brunch
For those who’re serving breakfast or brunch for a crowd, be at liberty to make these gluten free lemon blueberry pancakes forward of time and maintain them heat within the oven! Merely place your oven at 200 levels F, add your pancakes to a baking sheet or oven-safe plate, and place them within the oven till you’re able to serve.
Freezer-friendly lemon blueberry pancakes
Sure, you may make these fluffy lemon blueberry pancakes forward of time and serve them at a later date!
- Place the pancakes on a baking sheet in order that they aren’t touching and place them within the freezer for half-hour (that is known as a flash freeze).
- Place the frozen pancakes in freezer secure baggage or containers and freeze for as much as 3 months.
- As soon as able to reheat, merely add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heat.
Extra pancake recipes you’ll love
Get all of my superb pancake recipes right here!
I hope you like these superb lemon blueberry pancakes. For those who make them you’ll want to depart a remark and a score so I understand how you favored them!
The Fluffiest Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Pancakes (excessive in protein, gluten free!)
Deliciously fluffy lemon blueberry pancakes with greek yogurt for a beautiful enhance of protein! These wholesome lemon blueberry pancakes are made gluten free due to oat flour and are full of shiny flavors from contemporary blueberries, lemon juice & zest. Add poppy seeds for a stunning spring twist and remember additional berries on prime!
- For the dry components:
- For the moist components:
vanilla greek yogurt or sub dairy free yogurt (i really like siggi’s plant primarily based yogurt)
- Zest from 1 lemon
freshly squeezed lemon juice
unsweetened vanilla almond milk, plus extra if mandatory (any milk ought to work!)
coconut sugar or natural cane sugar
- For the mix-in:
contemporary blueberries, plus additional for serving
- For cooking:
- Butter, olive oil or coconut oil
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the oat flour, baking powder, poppyseeds and salt. Put aside.
In a separate giant bowl, whisk collectively yogurt, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, almond milk, coconut sugar, vanilla and almond extract till properly mixed.
Add the dry components to the moist components and blend with a picket spoon till properly mixed; gently stir in blueberries, if utilizing. If the batter is just too thick, you’ll be able to add 1 tablespoon extra milk.
Evenly coat a griddle with butter and place over medium warmth. Add 1/4 cup of the batter to the griddle for every pancake and prepare dinner for 2-4 minutes till the pancakes puff up and also you see bubbles alongside the perimeters. Flip desserts and prepare dinner till golden brown on underside. For those who discover that pancakes are browning too rapidly then that you must decrease the warmth a bit. I usually begin on medium warmth, then lower to medium low later in order that my pancakes do not burn.
Wipe the skillet clear and repeat with extra butter or oil and remaining batter. Makes 8 giant pancakes complete. Serve with maple syrup and further blueberries on prime.
To maintain pancakes dairy free: use a dairy free yogurt and dairy free milk of selection. You’ll want to prepare dinner the pancakes in oil or vegan butter.
*To make your individual oat flour: you’ll be able to simply make your individual flour proper at residence utilizing rolled oats! Get all of my suggestions & tips right here and add your oat flour proper into this pancake recipe.
For an additional little little bit of pleasure, improve the almond extract to ½ teaspoon. It makes these pancakes superb, belief me! Particularly when you love almond taste.
Be happy to sub raspberries for the blueberries.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 2 pancakes
Saturated fats: 2.1g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats