Love carrot cake? Then you definitely HAVE to attempt these wholesome carrot muffins! Moist, tender, and warmly spiced, they seem to be a scrumptious breakfast or on-the-go snack.
These carrot muffins mix two of my favourite issues: carrot cake and muffins! They’re precisely what I wish to eat on a spring morning (or any morning, actually). They’re moist, warmly spiced, and studded with chewy raisins and crunchy walnuts. Severely, who wouldn’t wish to begin their day with considered one of these?
In the event you want slightly last-minute one thing to spherical out your Easter menu tomorrow, I believe these carrot muffins can be excellent. However should you don’t have fun Easter, or in case your menu is all set to go, I hope you’ll discover a time to make them anyway. I like all of the muffin recipes now we have on the weblog, however this one would possibly simply be my favourite. Fingers crossed you find it irresistible too!
Carrot Muffins Recipe Elements
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this carrot muffin recipe:
- Carrots, after all! They make the muffins tremendous moist and add candy, earthy carrot cake taste. Shred them on the big holes of a field grater.
- All-purpose flour, entire wheat flour, and almond flour – Complete wheat flour offers the muffins an entire grain punch, whereas the all-purpose and almond flours make them moist and tender.
- Baking powder and eggs – They assist the muffins puff up as they bake.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and vanilla – They add heat, spiced depth of taste.
- Almond milk – Or any milk you want! My do-it-yourself oat milk would work properly right here too.
- Avocado oil – In the event you don’t maintain avocado oil available, be happy to make use of one other impartial oil right here. Vegetable, grapeseed, or canola oil would work nice.
- Cane sugar – It makes the muffins flippantly candy.
- Walnuts – For crunch!
- Raisins – They add chewy texture and candy taste to those wholesome carrot muffins.
- Complete rolled oats – I like topping my carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, however these carrot muffins? Not a lot. As a substitute, I sprinkle them with oats for a healthful of completion.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
Make Carrot Muffins
This carrot muffin recipe is SO easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, make the batter. Whisk collectively the dry components in a medium bowl and the moist components in a big one. Stir the shredded carrots into the moist components.
Then, add the dry components to the bowl of moist components, and stir till simply mixed.
Watch out to not overmix! In the event you do, the muffins shall be dense. Fold within the walnuts and raisins.
Subsequent, divide the batter into the muffin cups. Use a 1/3-cup measuring cup to portion the batter right into a greased muffin tin. Sprinkle the oats on high of the muffins…
And bake! Switch the muffins to a 400°F oven, and bake till the tops spring again to the contact, or till a toothpick inserted into the facilities of the muffins comes out clear. Allow them to cool within the pan for 10 minutes, after which switch them to a wire rack to chill utterly.
That’s it! Get pleasure from these carrot muffins on their very own for breakfast or a snack, or serve them as half of a bigger brunch. They pair properly with savory breakfast fare like a frittata, a breakfast casserole, or scrambled eggs and a giant bowl of contemporary fruit. When you have any carrot muffins leftover, retailer them at room temperature for as much as 2 days. After that, pop them within the freezer. They thaw completely for an on-the-go breakfast or wholesome snack!
Extra Favourite Muffin Recipes
In the event you love these carrot muffins, attempt considered one of these straightforward muffin recipes subsequent:
These wholesome carrot muffins are a scrumptious breakfast or snack! They’re moist, fluffy, and warmly spiced. They maintain properly at room temperature for as much as 2 days. After that, pop them within the freezer. They thaw completely!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¾ cup entire wheat flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ cup almond flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon floor ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup avocado oil or impartial oil
- 2 giant eggs
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup entire rolled oats, for sprinkling on high
Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the almond milk, oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Stir within the carrots.
Pour the dry components into the bowl of moist components and stir to mix. Fold within the walnuts and raisins. Use a ⅓-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 16 to twenty minutes, or till the muffin tops spring again to the contact. Let cool for 10 minutes, after which switch to a wire rack to chill utterly.