Hello it’s me, your fairy lunch godmother right here to carry you one of many best, most satisfying, and completely scrumptious lunch recipes that solely takes 10 minutes to make: BUFFALO CHICKPEA SALAD WRAPS.
If you recognize me, you recognize I’ll add sizzling sauce to just about something. What you could not know is that I’ve lately turn out to be low key obsessive about including buffalo sauce to recipes (aka this buffalo mac & cheese and these tuna (or rooster!) stuffed bell peppers). That’s proper, spicy, tangy buffalo sauce in some way has my coronary heart.
The concept for these superb buffalo chickpea salad wraps got here out of this newfound love. We’re not simply making wings right here, folks! This superb wrap is loaded with veggies and protein because of chickpeas and my go-to siggi’s yogurt. The yogurt additionally provides the right creamy, cooling steadiness to your fav buffalo sauce, and the entire thing is wrapped up with recent, crunchy veggies.
I’ve included tons of scrumptious methods to customise your wraps, plus enjoyable new methods to eat the buffalo chickpea salad! I do know you’ll love this one.
Elements in these buffalo chickpea salad wraps
These scrumptious buffalo chickpea wraps have over 13g of protein per serving and use tremendous easy components however are full of taste and crunch. Right here’s what you’ll must make them:
- Chickpeas: the bottom of the filling in these wraps is made with a can of chickpeas, which gives a lift of protein.
- Veggies & produce: you’ll be mixing your mashed chickpeas with shredded carrot, diced celery, cilantro and crimson onion. The right pairing with that buffalo taste!
- For the dressing: right here’s the enjoyable half – you’ll combine a few tablespoons of your favourite buffalo sauce with siggi’s plain yogurt for a creamy, spicy steadiness that takes the chickpea salad to the following degree. Siggi’s yogurt provides one more nice enhance of protein!
- For the wraps: you’ll need to use any 8-inch tortillas you’d like (together with gluten or grain free), and also you’ll wrap up the salad with recent spinach, avocado and sliced crimson onion. SO GOOD.
Customise your wraps
- Add further warmth: for those who love spice like I do, be happy so as to add one other tablespoon of buffalo sauce and/or use a spicy buffalo sauce.
- Combine in additional veggies: cube some bell pepper to fold into the salad, or add slices of them into the wrap!
- Select your protein: these wraps would even be scrumptious with cooked, cubed tofu, cooked, shredded rooster, and even canned tuna!
On the lookout for a special dressing?
Attempt mixing the chickpea salad in one in every of these scrumptious, yogurt-based dressings:
The most effective buffalo chickpea wraps in 3 straightforward steps
- Combine the salad. Drain & rinse your can of chickpeas, mash them with a fork in a big bowl, then add the diced celery, shredded carrot, cilantro and crimson onion.
- Add the sauce. Subsequent, add the yogurt and buffalo sauce and blend all of it collectively effectively. Style and regulate by including extra buffalo sauce for those who’d like, in addition to salt and/or pepper.
- Assemble the wraps. Lastly, prime a tortilla with 1/third of the chickpea salad and add spinach, a couple of avocado slices and crimson onion slices on prime. Roll it up like a burrito, tucking within the ends as you go. Repeat with the remaining 2 tortillas to meal prep or share with others, or retailer the salad and wrap up later; take pleasure in!
Scrumptious methods to serve this buffalo chickpea salad
I completely love rolling up the buffalo chickpea salad with veggies in tortilla wraps, however be happy to attempt these different methods to serve the salad!
- Collard wrap: for a low carb, grain & gluten free choice, roll up all the salad components in a collard wrap or lettuce wrap! Get all of my ideas for making collard wraps right here.
- Bread: in fact, pile the chickpea salad excessive with veggie toppings in your go-to bread for a heartier meal. I like seedy sandwich bread, particularly my home made recipe.
- Chips & crackers: as a result of scooping salads with chips is trending proper now (appropriately) benefit from the buffalo chickpea salad as a dip by serving it with tortilla chips or my paleo crackers!
Retailer any leftover buffalo chickpea salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days.
Extra savory recipes utilizing yogurt
Get much more methods to make use of siggi’s yogurt right here!
I hope you’re keen on these avocado buffalo chickpea salad wraps! If you happen to make them be sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Avocado Buffalo Chickpea Salad Wraps
Flavorful buffalo chickpea salad wraps full of crunchy veggies, creamy avocado, and recent spinach. These straightforward buffalo chickpea wraps are full of protein because of siggi’s yogurt and a full can of chickpeas for the right packable weekday lunch!
- For the salad:
(15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
stalk celery, diced
shredded carrot (from 1 medium carrot)
finely diced crimson onion
- For the dressing:
siggi’s plain yogurt
buffalo sauce, relying in your spice degree
- For the wraps:
(8-inch) tortillas of alternative (an ordinary straightforward to wrap tortilla is okay)
- Sliced crimson onion
Add rinsed and drained chickpeas to a big bowl and use a masher or fork to mash many of the chickpeas. Add in diced celery, shredded carrot, cilantro and crimson onion.
Subsequent add within the yogurt and buffalo sauce and stir to mix and coat all of the components.Style and regulate as crucial. Chances are you’ll need to add salt and/or pepper.
To make the wraps: add a tortilla to a plate and prime with 1/third of the chickpea salad. Prime every with spinach, a couple of avocado slices and some crimson onion slices. Wrap up like a burrito, folding ends in as you go, then reduce the wrap in half if desired and revel in! Salad will keep recent for 5-7 days within the fridge.
To make it much less spicy, use a gentle buffalo sauce. For extra spice, use a spicy/sizzling buffalo sauce!
To make gluten free: use a gluten free or grain free tortilla of alternative.
See the complete publish for much more methods to customise this recipe!
Servings: 3 servings
Serving measurement: 1 wrap (on an 8-inch tortilla)
Saturated fats: 2.1g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by The Conscious Hapa
This publish is sponsored by siggi’s. All textual content and opinions are my very own. Thanks for supporting the manufacturers that make AK potential!