Planning a visit to Sedona, Arizona? Right here’s our day-to-day itinerary with lodging, eating places, and hikes.
My highschool buddies and I’ve gotten collectively annually, yearly, for the final 25 years (2020 was the one yr that derailed us).
Largely we meet at one another’s homes, going for walks, consuming out, and reconnecting.
This yr we spent a dreamy weekend in Sedona, the place our Winter blahs had been melted away by the Arizona solar.
A couple of essential factors about our itinerary:
- We traveled to Sedona in late-January, when the common month-to-month temperature is 31-56 levels F. It was usually chilly within the mornings, then warmed up all through the day. Listed below are common month-to-month temperatures in Sedona.
- We aren’t partiers. We didn’t search out bars or fashionable locations. So in the event you’re on the lookout for that, you received’t discover it right here!
- We weren’t on tight budgets. We splurged on a spacious Airbnb that was walkable to outlets and eating places as a deal with for our fiftieth birthdays.
- We aren’t hardcore hikers. We wore sneakers or mountain climbing sneakers and selected hikes that had been simple or reasonable.
- Our Airbnb got here with a Purple Rocks Go, which have to be displayed within the windshield of your car at sure trails. Right here’s the place you should buy a Purple Rocks Go.
I hope this offers you some concepts–or at the very least conjures up you to go to this lovely place too!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Find out how to See 7 Utah & Arizona Nationwide Parks in 6 Days
Our Sedona Itinerary
- Arrive at Phoenix Airport mid-day, choose up rental automotive, and drive to Sedona.
- LUNCH: Cease alongside the best way at Wildflower Bread Firm
- Arrive at Airbnb: We splurged on this four-bedroom, three-bathroom Airbnb home that has a big kitchen and lounge, sizzling tub, and spacious deck with a tremendous view. We cherished that it was inside strolling distance of eating places and outlets. Take a look at the view from the kitchen window!
- Speak a stroll round city and order take-out at Elote Cafe. Tables ebook up months upfront, so make a reservation as quickly as you’ll be able to (or, in the event you wait too lengthy like we did, cease by and order take-away).
- Get groceries at native Safeway (2300 W Hwy 89A): There’s additionally a close-by Complete Meals and a few native meals markets.
- Choose up take-out at Elote Cafe and eat at house inside or out on the deck.
- Cease at Chapel of the Holy Cross on the best way again. This spot will get busy, however we occurred to discover a parking spot. We walked as much as the chapel, peeked inside, and loved the gorgeous views.
- Cease at Son Silver West for enjoyable souvenirs: This quirky place is like an artwork gallery and gift-shop in a single.
- LUNCH: Pump Home Station. We ate massive, scrumptious salads on the screened-in entrance porch.
- Stroll over to Cream & Cake Couture for treats.
- Return to the home to soak within the sizzling tub and skim on the deck. Right here’s the view from our deck (and my mismatched socks!).
- Do a part of the Oak Creek Canyon Scenic Drive (AZ 89A). This can be a lovely drive, however does have some switchbacks, so it’s not for nervous drivers. We drove about half-hour to a scenic overlook then drove again (make sure you arrive on the overlook earlier than 4pm, when it closes!).
- Eat Elote Cafe leftovers for dinner with selfmade guacamole + chips
- BREAKFAST: Eat at Airbnb
- HIKE: Cathedral Rock ($10 parking payment). The hike up Cathedral Rock is gorgeous however troublesome. So we opted to stroll alongside the creek beneath. That is the view of Cathedral Rock from the car parking zone and picnic website. You may enter the decrease path from there.
- LUNCH: Sit on the patio at 89 Agave Cantina (they’ve received heaters). Get a load of the superb enchiladas with a aspect of rice and beans!
- Store downtown
- Hike Brin’s Mesa (entry from Jordan Highway trailhead). This was my favourite hike of the weekend. There are a few overlooks with lovely views. Cease, sit, and benefit from the silence!
- DINNER: Hideaway Home. We ate the Kat’s Manner pizza and Fall Harvest Salad exterior on the deck, which feels such as you’re having dinner in a treehouse. Have a look at our superb view! (It was chilly however we had heaters on both aspect of our desk.)
- Return to the home and soak within the sizzling tub and gaze on the superb, star-filled sky.
DAY 4: MONDAY
- Breakfast in Airbnb, utilizing no matter groceries are left.
- Say goodbye to Sedona and go away for the Phoenix airport!
Sedona Packing + Grocery Ideas
What to pack for a visit to Sedona
I stuffed loads into these packing cubes. They characteristic a “compression zipper”, so that you save much more house. In case you’re flying, right here’s my favourite extremely light-weight suitcase you’ll be able to both examine or keep it up.
- Hat (baseball or wide-brimmed for solar, heat winter hat for cool mornings)
- Sun shades
- Mountain climbing sneakers/boots or tennis sneakers with sturdy soles and good socks
- Snug pants for mountain climbing (shorts if heat climate)
- Good socks for mountain climbing
- Lengthy-sleeved and short-sleeved shirts (layering is vital)
- Puffer coat or vest if visiting throughout colder months
- Sweatshirt or fleece jacket
- Bathing swimsuit (for the recent tub!)
- Day pack
- Sunscreen (stick for face, spray/cream for physique)
- Hand sanitizer
- Reusable water bottle
Groceries we purchased for a weekend in Sedona
As a result of we handled ourselves to a whole lot of lunches and dinners out, we didn’t want many groceries, and the Airbnb was stocked with some fundamentals like sugar. We purchased our groceries on the native Safeway. There’s additionally a Complete Meals, plus different native markets, on the town.
- Bagels + cream cheese
- Peanut butter packets
- Cheddar cheese
- Avocados + limes to make my easy guacamole
- Domestically made tortilla chips
- Espresso + creamer
- Granola bars
- Potato chips
- Bottled water for hikes (two of us remembered to pack reusable bottles, two of us didn’t!)
- Orange juice
Need to see extra of Arizona?
Take a look at my submit Find out how to See 7 Utah & Arizona Nationwide Parks in 6 Days for particulars on our household journey. Our stops included parks in Arizona together with Monument Valley, Lake Powell, and the Grand Canyon.